Women Leading the Way: Suffragists & Suffragettes
- In 2010, to commemorate the 90th anniversary of women’s suffrage in America along with the Centennial of International Women’s Day, students of the Lycée Français de New York researched the lives of the remarkable women depicted in the painting who made significant and lasting contributions to Human Rights worldwide. Their work was beautifully printed on individual posters and exhibited with the painting both at LFNY and at the gallery of the Cultural Services of the French Embassy in NYC.
Leading the Way: A Tribute to Women of the 20th Century
- In March 2006, Mireille Miller’s 18ft oil-painting triptych, Leading the Way: A Tribute to Women of the 20th Century was chosen by the United Nations to commemorate the 50th Session of the Commission on the Status of Women. It was exhibited in the antechamber of the General Assembly at UN Headquarters.
- In July 2006, the Division for the Advancement of Women invited Mireille to take the exhibition of Leading the Way: A Tribute to Women of the 20th Century, to the United Nations at Geneva’s Palais des Nations, in Switzerland, on the occasion of the 60th anniversary of the Commission on the Status of Women.
- In March 2009, the NYC Commission on Women’s Issues selected the third panel of her triptych Leading the Way: A Tribute to Women of the 20th Century for the design of Mayor Bloomberg’s official invitation to celebrate Women’s History Month at the New York Public Library, in New York City.
- In 2013, the National Women’s History Museum (NWHM) commissioned a commemorative poster from Mireille, for the rëenactment of the 1913 Suffrage March in Washington, D.C.